Friday, April 3, 2009

Good Enough

goodenough_424345063_5e1651930e 

You say you don't want to lose me
and how you love me still.
It's funny you should say that,
because that is what I feel too.
I loved you from the moment we met.
For some reason I trusted you so,
dared to show myself without holding back.
Now, those things come to haunt me,
for I feel you judge me for all that I lack.
Seeing you withdraw from our friendship
more and more with every day that passes.
I am sorry for not being able to live up to
ideals and fantasies .
It's a package deal.
I have bad qualities..but I hoped somehow
the good ones would outweigh them.
In your eyes at least.
So now I stand here,
with my heart in my hands.
Almost ashamed for who I am,
because you made me feel
not good enough.
So be it.
I can only be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment